It is our top priority at The Outer Banks Candle Company that you and your family are safe as you enjoy our delectable candles. Always remember to exercise extreme caution whenever burning a candle.
Candle Safety Tips:
- Be sure to remove and discard all tags and ties prior to lighting your candle.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or near anything that could catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Read and carefully follow any special instructions on or with the candle.
- Trim candlewicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks cause uneven burning and dripping.
- Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use.
- Votive candles should always be burned in a small votive container that fits snug around the candle.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Do not burn a candle for more than four hours at a time.
- Never touch or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- One of the safest ways to extinguish a candle is to use a candle snuffer, which helps prevent hot wax from spattering.
- Install a smoke detector in every room where candles are burned.